Preschool students at Kidz Preschool are inventors, problem solvers, discoverers, and dreamers. Our educational program will have a positive effect on your child’s academic performance. Because preschoolers like to learn new information and have a desire to master new tasks, much of what your child will learn will be through self direct experience and play.
At Kidz Preschool we create an environment that allows for functional play experiences by including new materials in each of the classroom’s learning centers. Through the day your child will explore, learn, and play at: Art, Creative Exploration, Blocks, Dramatic Play, Library, Music, Sand & Water, Science & Discovery, and Table Activities.
Our various play and learning materials are arranged into clear and distinct centers. Below are a few examples of what each of these important centers offers developmentally for your preschooler:
• Block & Building Design – Architecture, self-direction, vocabulary, independence, and cooperation.
• Dramatic Play – Social skills, using thinking skills to resolve conflicts self-confidence, and respect.
• Writing Exploration – Eye hand coordination, name recognition, and self-expression.
• Library & Literature – Listening skills, word recognition, and oral language skills.
• Math Activities – Classification, problem solving, and sequencing.
• Science & Discovery – Experimentation, exploration, and prediction.
• Sensory – fine motor skills, measuring, small and large muscle activity, and creativity.
• Music & Movement – Listening, teamwork, and patterning.
Our Preschool Curriculum includes:
• Daily communication to enhance your preschooler experience. This is available through parent boards, parent’s corner, newsletters, and most importantly , the availability to speak to your child’s teachers at anytime.
• Progress assessment reports will be issued quarterly. This assessment begins in September and ends in June.
• Spanish lessons to increase your child’s vocabulary and introduce them to one of the many foreign languages out in the world.
• Zoo phonics is our kinesthetic phonics learning program. This is a fantastic kindergarten based program that uses all 5 of the children’s sense to promote learning the alphabet sounds.
• Computer learning time with the Cranium Kids educational program.
Your preschooler learns very important skills for the development in our classrooms. Each of our preschool rooms is set up with that specific purpose in mind. Room arrangement is more than just aesthetics. All the children will play, sleep and eat throughout the week for many hours in the same classroom. We realize how important this is as a result of that we understand that your child learns best in an appropriate environment built to meet his needs daily. Their room effects how your child feels about himself, how he relates to his teachers and children around him, and how comfortable he feels about playing, exploring, and learning.